Thursday 17 October 2013

UAE jet ski star competes at world championships


The UAE freestyle jet ski champion today (WEDS) spoke of his heartbreak at missing out on world championship glory.
Khalid Salem Al Qubaisi was heading for a top position at the championships, which are being held in America, when his engine failed.
“It was going really well and I thought I could at the very least get a top five position with how I was competing,” said the 33-year-old.
“But then the engine failed and we could not get it working again to go out and try again.
“It is a such a real shame with all the preparation that went in but I will get back to Abu Dhabi and keep training and then come back again to go for the world title.”
Khalid has plenty of supporters in Abu Dhabi, where he is from, especially from his colleagues at IPIC – the company who are also sponsoring his jet ski career.
“IPIC have been with me all the way and it was a real honour to represent them on the world stage,” he added.
“I have been getting calls and texts from friends and colleagues and although it it not happy news at least I gave it a good shot and it just makes me more determined for next time.”

Khalid will now fly back from the championships, which are at Lake Havasu in Nevada, to carry on his training regime both in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment