Thursday 10 October 2013

UAE JET SKI STAR STARTS BID FOR WORLD TITLE

The best freestyle jet skier in the UAE today (Friday) challenges for the biggest title in his sport at the world jet ski championships in America.
And despite a delay in getting his jet ski into the US, Khalid Salem Al Qubaisi is confident he has what it takes to bring home the title.
“My training schedule was cut short by six days as there was a lengthy delay in getting the jet ski into America,” said the 33-year-old.
“It was a problem but I have packed in practice throughout the day and into the night to make sure I can really compete.
“I have been at the world championships before but this is my best chance yet – I am in great form, feel really fit and will give it my best shot.
“There is no point in worrying about the preparation now and I am going to enjoy every second of the competition.”
The freestyle jet ski competition which Khalid is entered into ends on Sunday night on the waters of Lake Havasu in Nevada.
That will be in the early hour of Monday morning UAE time.
Khalid has plenty of supporters in Abu Dhabi, where he is from and, especially from his colleagues at IPIC – the company who are also sponsoring his jet ski career.
“IPIC have been incredible in helping my dreams become a reality,” he added.

“And all the people I work with there will be right behind me during this championships. They always follow my career and support me which is a huge help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment