1. Did you know the most effective air purifiers are ionic air purifiers
2. According to the data from the World Health Organization 2.4 million people die each year from causes directly connected with air pollution, with 1.5 million of these deaths being the result of indoor air pollution.
3. Children, elderly people, and people who suffer from respiratory diseases are particularly vulnerable to air pollution.
4. Did you know the first concept of an air-purifier-type of product began as a protective air respirator that was worn over a person’s mouth and nose.
5. Did you know air purifiers are most effective at removing particles that remain trapped in the air column such as various pollens, dust, and some molds
6. Did you know air purifiers are one solution to providing healthy indoor air and should be used in conjunction with other methods
7. Did you know air purifiers promote air movement that can minimize "stale air" smells caused by poor circulation.
8. Did you air purifiers have HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters that aid in cleaning the air around that is circulated. They help get rid of contaminants and impurities from the air. It is possible for the HEPA filter to remove about 99.9% of dust particles bigger than 0.3 microns (the standard measure for microns). HEPA filters can clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke and almost all pollutants present in the air.
9. Air purifiers can suck up second hand smoke and even eliminate any smell in the air.
10. Did you know indoor air pollution is among the top five environmental health risks
11. Did you know for every six rooms in your house, approximately 40 pounds of dust is generated in a single year.
12. Did you know the main source of indoor pollution is common dust.
13. Each person inhales over 3,500 gallons of air each day. Children inhale more particles for their size than adolescents or adults.
14. Did you know home interior air can contain a variety of contaminants and pollutants including mold spores, pollen, bacteria, dust mites, asbestos, radon decay products, and other particles and impurities.
15. Did you know the three most important methods of improving indoor air quality are source removal, air cleaning and increased ventilation.
16. Did you know air purifiers are effective at removing particles from the air. There is some evidence that the good ones reduce the symptoms of allergies.
17. Did you know some air cleaners actually pollute the air with ozone.
18. Did you know some air purifiers can actually be quite damaging to our health. This is the case with air purifiers that use o-zone to help clean the air.
19. Did you know removing bacteria from the air through purification will eliminate odors without adding more toxic chemicals to your home.